Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CARAF Centre will remain closed until further notice.
We will continue to provide our education advocacy service remotely. Please contact us to find out more.
This service provides professional unbiased advice, support and strategies for parents facing situations in schools that they find difficult to deal with.
Our Education Advocacy Officer is available to provide impartial advice & information daily. Expect to receive clear advice and professional recommendations for your queries. We may assist you in drafting or proofing a letter if necessary or prepare you for a meeting you need to attend.
If your situation is particularly complex or requires substantial support, we may agree to take on your case and act as a representative for you. We will do our utmost in liaising and negotiating a fair and mutual resolution to the issue being faced. This may include meeting with the school and/or other agencies, drafting correspondence etc.
Our advice & support covers a wide range of issues commonly faced by parents and their children, such as:
· School Admission Appeals
· Exclusion Prevention & Support with Representation
· Special Education Needs
· Bullying & School Environment
· Racism & Harassment in Schools
· School Performance & League Tables
· Parental Participation in Schools
· Parents Participating as a School Governor
· Homework Support Strategies
· Behaviour Support Strategies
· Termly educational workshops
If you have a concern which is not listed above please contact us and we will let you know if we can help.